Today, due to early detection, prevention and advances in medical treatments, the odds of surviving a life altering critical condition are better than ever. For many of us, surviving such as illness can bring serious financial and emotional hardships, especially if that illness leads to a stay in an Assisted Living Facility or Nursing Home while recuperating. This is where a Critical Care Policy can help.
Critical Care Facts: Did you know?
- Cancer, heart attacks and strokes caused 80% of new critical illness claims in 2010.
- Alzheimers, Strokes and cancer represent over 70% of Long-Term Care claims paid.
- GTL’s Critical Care Plan pays cash benefits upon diagnosis for all covered conditions – and benefits increase when confined to an Assisted Living Facility or Nursing Home as a result.
- 59% of all costs associated with cancer are non-medical.
- Stroke is a leading cause of serious long-term disability.
- In 2010 an estimated 785,000 Americans had a new coronary attack, and about 470,000 had a recurrent attack.
- One in 2 men & women will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime.