Today, due to early detection, prevention and advances in medical treatments, the odds of surviving a life altering critical condition are better than ever. For many of us, surviving such as illness can bring serious financial and emotional hardships, especially if that illness leads to a stay in an Assisted Living Facility or Nursing Home while recuperating. This is where a Critical Care Policy can help.
Critical Care Facts: Did you know?
- Cancer, heart attacks and strokes caused 80% of new critical illness claims in 2010.
- Alzheimers, Strokes and cancer represent over 70% of Long-Term Care claims paid.
- GTL’s Critical Care Plan pays cash benefits upon diagnosis for all covered conditions – and benefits increase when confined to an Assisted Living Facility or Nursing Home as a result.
- 59% of all costs associated with cancer are non-medical.
- Stroke is a leading cause of serious long-term disability.
- In 2010 an estimated 785,000 Americans had a new coronary attack, and about 470,000 had a recurrent attack.
- One in 2 men & women will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetime.
You can use the Cash Benefits paid by your Critical Care Policy however you wish. Use your cash to help pay for:
- Loss of income
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Alternative treatment options
- Out-of-network charges on PPO
- Travel for treatment plans
- Lifestyle changes
- Mortgage loans & debt payments
- Child care expenses
We are here to help you find the best fit both in coverage and expense.